Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday 25 March 2014

That smelly stuff

That is Richard's cigarettes...Benji never really noticed it until now, so I didn't have to explain it, but nowadays he started to ask what is Richard is doing when he goes to the garden.
I don't want to lecture him about cigarettes, so I usually just say he went outside to have a cigarette because it is really smelly.

The other day we were sitting on the bus, waiting it to depart, but the driver has got down to have a cigarette. Benji of course asked why are we not going yet. I said because we are waiting for the busdriver who is having a cigarette.
"Why Mummy?" "Because he is naughty, cigarettes are smelly"

Then just yesterday when Richard went out to the garden for a cigarette, Benji looked at me and summarised:
"Mummy, only busdrivers and big Daddies have cigarettes"

 Oh...
"No, darling, not every Daddy has cigarettes (and not every bus drivers), look at Oscar's Daddy,  Zander's Daddy, they don't."

"So, is Daddy naughty?"

.....
I am lost now. Yes, I want to say, that he is. But I don't want him to think that his Dad is naughty. But also because he looks up on him, I don't want him to think that smoking is something cool.
I hope at least that this will make Richard think as well and gives him the nudge to give it up for good at last.
Come on Batman and Robin!

No comments: