Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 1 August 2013

1 year old!

It is not a question why I was grateful today: our little cheeky son is 1 today, whom with his 12kg and 76cm is not so little at all.
I could write many cliches, like how fast this year has gone, and how fast he grew up, and how good that he is with us. Which of course all is true, but thats just natural. Everything is good as it is, although sometimes being a mum-of-two trials my patience (which is low anyway), and I am forever
lacking time. However I can not imagine any different now, and also it is difficult to remember back how was life with only one child (despite thinking "Oh my God, what did I find so hard with one child?")
I was a little bit afraid how life will be with two sons, that they will grow on my head, and they will be forever naughty. But actually I am pretty lucky. Most of the time they nice to each other (there is a usual sibling rivalry, but its manageable). I love watching them being cheeky together, chasing eachother, giggling, and I love Robin's no-fear, naughty, cheeky, brave personality.
I like that they I really different, as I can enjoy Robin's developing personality the same, the little new things he does amuse me the same. There is a little secret waiting for me to find out about him too.
I am not sure however if I should be happy or scared that there is no fear in him what so ever. He climbs the stairs, he jumps in the water, climbs off the bed, eats stones as if it was natural, and does not care if we tell him off. Just laughs more. He loves widening his boundaries (and ours...).
On the other hand he is much more touchy-feely, and loves his hugs. He also kisses you in his own way, although sometimes it is still a lick or a big bite. He comes in your arms, pulls your head close to his head with his chunky arms, opens his mouth and "bites" you smiling where he can. I love it.
I was really nostalgic today, how was it a year ago (and why my caesarean scar still has not faded), but it was really strange in the afternoon. I have put him into his bed for a nap around half 1, he usually sleeps only 1-1,5 hours, but today I was still watching my watch around half 3 that he is still asleep, what could happen. Then at 4.04, exactly the hour and minute when he was born, he cried up. (really...not just making it up). Crying like a year ago. Of course I went up and kissed his little chubby, soft face to bits.

I have made him a small millet-apricot kind of rice cake, which we (and Marina) had to try at lunch time, so I could only cut out a little circle for him for the evening when we had our little celebration. But I am not worried as we will go to Jayne's on Sunday, and also to home in week, I am sure there will be plenty of cakes for him still.
He has got lots of presents, musical toys never fail, as  he loves to have a little jiggle.
We even had a mini party as Marina came around to celebrate him. I feel a little a guilty that we couldn't arrange his family and friends to come around like we did for Benjamin's 1st, but I hope you will understand son, that it was not possible this year.
But I promise that I will try to make it up in the next 50 years at least!
Happy Birthday my Little Bobin! xxxxxx











No comments: