Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 8 July 2013

The Sun is shining!!!

This weekend was really good, fantastic weather and plenty to do. I really enjoyed the sun burning my face, and that we could blow up the little paddling pool for the boys, and surprisingly even Benji enjoyed the splash around.
However his wardrobe was full of clothes suitable for the English weather, no shorts, no sandals...so we had to get him a few things, especially that we are going to Cornwall next week, and I really hope the weather stays like this.
We bought him a pair of sandals which he calls "holiday shoes", we were telling him that we are going on a holiday, and he is so cute as he gets really excited, although I don't think he knows what holiday is. Maybe because Peppa Pig went on holiday he thinks it is a really good thing to do. Well, it is.
On Saturday we have been in Lichfield as well, as there was a craft and food festival, although there weren't much food there, mostly just crafty things. But I really enjoyed it, I love this town, the cathedral (which Benji just called a big castle), the parks, the lakes, the cobbled streets.
So we had an impromptu picnic once we found a van which sold burgers. Food festival at the end of the day...
In the evening we were invited to Carla and family's leaving do as they are moving to Australia. It was really moving to see all their friends and family saying good-bye to them. I don't think I would ever be able to go that far away, so next time they are going to see eachother it will be in two years time. Very brave, although their children surely will have a better childhood and experience over there.

On Sunday the festivities continued, we were invited to Benji's little friend, Oscar's birthday party. It was really good, we could relax despite the children being there.
Although we had to wear fancy dress (which I will never understand why some people feel that they can only have a party if it is fancy dress...can just some people get together without being a Spider man, or cat-woman ) The theme was "childhood heros", first I wanted to be Mary Poppins, but it was too hot, and I didn't have any of those kind of clothes anyway, so Marina suggested to be Eor from Winnie the Pooh. So I became one, although I was called Micky Mouse by someone. Khm, surely that person didn't see Micky Mouse.
RIchard obviously was Herbie the Bettle....









No comments: