Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 20 June 2013

George, the monkey has visited us.

Though it was about 3 weeks ago, I just didn't have time to pen it down, but now my parents are here!:
I think this idea is so sweet that I had to write it down in case someone else reads it and would like to do something similar.

One day Benji came home from nursery with a monkey, its little basket and a booklet which belonged to him.
I wasn't sure what it is, so I opened the little notebook to read that the monkey is George and the kids from nursery take turns to look after him. It said that in the basket there is a banana to feed him with a little toothbrush and towel to help him clean his teeth and face.
After turning the pages I saw that little monkey had a really good time so far. From February 2012 he visited quite a few kids, he has been to library, church, bicycling, baked cakes and he has even been to skiing and Portugal. He didn't have much time to get bored thats for sure.
I really liked reading it as I could see Benji's friends from nursery and could have a little peek into their lives. And now I know how his "best friends" Harry, Jamie and Freddie look like.

We also showed George our house, our fishes, washed his teeth (ok, not every day, and have to admit he sometimes ate frankfurters and not his banana...sssh), we also took him to the local library, to Kingsbury lake and playground, he slept with Benji every night and got introduced to all of his soft toys.
I was a little worried that he will find it difficult to give him back, but we read his little his little booklet again again (he wanted to, it was enough for me to read it once) about what he has done with his friends, and once I developed the photos we cut them out and sticked them to the book together (I have put a little story behind it once he has gone to bed). And the day after they read it together in nursery. I think he knew what is going to happen and it wasn't a problem at all to let George go.














Accidentally that weekend when George was with us, my friend who lives in Taiwan has visited us (we used to lived together at Elaine's a good 10 years ago) with her family, it was really good to see them live not just on Facebook, the kids got on really well (her husband is English and his son was born two weeks after Benji, and he is also called Benjamin). Benji said his friends is "other Benji" now.
It is such a shame that probably we will not see them again for another few years, I think our families would get on well if we lived closer to eachother.













No comments: