Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 4 August 2014

Happy Birthday My Cheekster!

Bish-Bash, time has gone and we already celebrating another birthday. Our youngest Laker has become 2 years old.

I don't think he gasped the big momentuous occasion yet. After they woke up in the morning, we sang "Happy Birthday" to him while he was lying on the sofa drinking his milk. He just looked at us, took his bottle out of his mouth and murmurred his usual "No" grumpily. As if to say stop this nonsense now...
He started to use this funny, eyebrow pulling, "I don't want any objection" type of  "No" to most things, just so we don't forget who rules in this house. It is him without any doubt. He has such a strong will, he can throw such tantrums which are unknown to me from Benji, so I have to learn to handle them, which sometimes I find difficult. Especially when they are together. They constantly bicker, fight, and argue. And I am getting tired of making peace all the time.
It was similar on Friday on his birthday, I was working from home, baking a cake, stopping their hair pulling, biting, making dinner, clean the house...at last Richard came home and could give him his long awaited presents, which Benji helped him open. Strangly he wasn't jealous as expected, more of excited as well. Robin got some wooden blocks in a trolley as he loves pushing around things, and he got lots of presents from family and friends. Amongst many he got some kitchen utensils and plastic food which he loved playing with. So much so that he refused to come to eat dinner.
So after a not so enjoyable dinner I bought the cake out, which he of course didn't eat out of as he wanted to play further. We managed to take some pictures at least, and Benji gobbled down a slice. I dissapointedly wanted to put it back into the fridge, the lovely sweet cottage cake which they like, when the stupid thing slipped out of my hand and landed on the floor. Splash. The whole cake. On the floor. My secret hungarian cottage cheese, which I put aside for this occasion. The slice which I wanted to eat calmly after they gone to bed. All on the floor.
That is when the stress came out and started crying front of the children ashamingly. Poor Benji started crying too, asking why I was crying. It is because I dropped the stupid cake. Why Mumy? Because the plate had a hole on it (couldn't think of a better explanation at that moment), so my Mr Goldenheart went and brought me his cuddly toys to help me stop crying, and said that when he grows up he will buy me a plate which doesn't have a hole on it. <3 p="">Of course I had to stop this stupid self pity.
That night they had extra long stories in bed, and Birthday Boy could choose them, even though he didn't really listen to them properly.

Next day we went to Jayne's house to further celebrate Robin and Danny. Five boys and Ollie, crazy loundness of course, but they played nicely, was good to see everybody. I made this cake as well, which I managed not to drop and celebrations to be continued next week in Hungary, hopefully with another full cake...













No comments: