Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 30 January 2014

It was slightly better for the second time..

We have reached the day when I had to accompany Robin through the nursery's entrance as well. Although I suspected that it will be easier with him. Not because I was less nervous about it, I still had a massive lump in my throat as I was watching him exploring the nursery room and the toys, and when I had to leave I really had to gulp some tears down.
I thought it will be different than it was with Benji because he has a more confident personality, is braver, and of course he already has a brother so kind of learned to share attention. Plus it has also been a good sign that every morning when we stopped front of the nursery to drop Benji off, he always cried that he also wants to get out.
This is how I approached the dreaded morning today..

The settling in period is lot shorter than in Hungary. Well, it is actually a day. They call it a taster session, which was two hours. In the first half an hour Zoe (who is going to be Robin's key person) asked some details about him, like what he likes to play, how does he sleep, foods allergies etc..In the meantime Robin was slowly exploring the place, tactfully waved to other little people, or gave them his signature suspicious look. Every now and again he looked  back and checked that I am still sitting on the small chair or to make a point he come to me and pushed a little car along my shoulders.

Then before the 10 o'clock snack time, we agreed that I should leave, I said goodbye, which he didn't really notice as was busy trying to sit into one of the high chairs.
Of course outside just started to snow, so I was quickly gone to the shops, and sat in a bus stop thinking about my big boy and counted the minutes back so I can go back to see him.







When I got in, he was sitting next to Zoe on a small chair, first he didn't realise I came in, then he saw me and gave me a reassuring hug. Then he realised we can go home now, so he waved a few "ba-ba"s and gone to door signalling that it was enough for today.

I am curious how he is going to be next week when he has to stay for a whole day!







No comments: